To achieve High Honor Roll and Honor Roll status, the following conditions must be met:
- High Honor Roll: Overall average of at least 90%, no grade lower than a 75%
- Honor Roll: Overall average of at least 85% to 89.9%, no grade lower than a 75%
Regents Diploma With Advanced Designation With Honors
To earn this diploma, a student shall achieve an average of 90% in all Regents examinations required for the diploma.
Regents Diploma With Advanced Designation With Annotation Of Mastery In Mathematics And/Or Science
Students who complete all coursework and testing requirements for the Regents Diploma with Advanced Designation in Mathematics and/or Science, and who pass, with a score of 85 or better, three commencement level Regents examinations in mathematics and/or three commencement level Regents examinations in science, will earn a Regents Diploma with advanced designation, with an annotation on the diploma that denotes mastery in mathematics and/or science, as applicable.
Regents Endorsed Diploma With Honors
A Regents Endorsed Diploma with Honors is awarded at graduation to those seniors who receive an average of 90% in the following examinations:
- Comprehensive English
- Global Studies
- United States History and Government
National Honor Society
The National Honor Society is a highly regarded organization at S. S. Seward Institute. According to mandates from the national organization, the Seward chapter strictly adheres to the following regulations:
1. The NHS fosters the formation of the FACULTY COUNCIL. The S. S. Seward Principal appoints faculty members to this council, who may hold the position for one or more consecutive terms. The function of this council is to select members and also to consider non-selection, warnings and dismissals. Of significant importance in the functioning of the council is the selection procedure.
2. All candidates must achieve a cumulative academic average of 90% for consideration by the committee. They must embody the pillars of the NHS Charter: character, leadership, scholarship and service.
3. Induction will be in the Fall.
4. Details concerning the induction process can be accessed via the chapter advisor.
Any questions about the above items should be addressed to your building principal, school counselor or the faculty advisor.