Schedule Changes/Course Withdrawal
While the Guidance Department can foresee no reason for a program change once the program has been approved by the parent/guardian and the school, requests for changes made by the parent stating specific reasons for the change will be reviewed by the School Counselor and, if necessary, by the administration. This can only be done during the first two weeks after the course begins.
Rules Governing Programming
- All students in the senior high school are required to maintain five credits including physical education during the school year.
- STUDENTS MUST BE ENROLLED IN REQUIRED MATH AND SCIENCE COURSES UNTIL THEY HAVE FULFILLED GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS IN THOSE SUBJECTS.
- Seniors may be exempt from the local final examination in a course if their class average is 90% or more and they have their teacher’s approval.
- In order for a student to take a new subject in summer school the request must be in writing; signed by the student, the parent, and the School Counselor and addressed to the Principal. Requests will be reviewed individually.
- Students who opt to take a full schedule without a lunch period may do so only with written parental approval.
- If a student repeats a course in summer school, both grades will appear on the transcript.
- Student enrollment in an elective course is predicated on sufficient interest.