The Florida Union Free School District anticipates an opening for a school nurse at S. S. Seward Institute. This is a full-time, 10-month position. Salary is per the current collective bargaining agreement.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide health services for students and staff, including screenings required
- Hold a current NYS professional nurse’s registration which must be
maintained throughout employment.
- Hold a current CPR/BLS certification.
- Have experience working with adolescent children preferably in a school
- Be interested in student wellness, healthy lifestyles and the education of
children in these areas.
- Possess excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Be proficient in the use of technology for record keeping.
- Work with school personnel to ensure that they are trained in dealing with
medical emergencies and protocol.
- Be a liaison to the community on health related issues.
Anticipated start date is December 1, 2021. Applicants should send a letter of interest and resume by October 27, 2021 to:
Superintendent of Schools
Florida Union Free School District
P.O. Box 757
Florida, NY 10921
Fax: (845) 651-6801
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.