The Florida Union Free School District Business Office is responsible for managing the resources needed to support the district’s educational mission. One of the office’s most important functions is developing the proposed school budget for the consideration of the district’s board of education and voters.
2019 Capital Project
On Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2019 residents of the Florida Union Free School District will vote on a proposed $7.9 million capital improvement project which addresses necessary building repairs, enhances learning spaces, and makes Golden Hill Elementary and S.S. Seward Institute safer and more secure.
For more information on the project, visit our 2019 Capital Project page.
For information on voter registration and absentee ballots, please visit our 2019 Capital Project Voter Information page.
Budget and Taxes
For school budget and voter information, please visit our Budget and Taxes page.
Information Technology Audit, 2017
The Office of the New York State Comptroller conducted an audit to determine whether internal controls over information technology (IT) were appropriately designed and operating effectively for the period July 1, 2015 through June 9, 2017. The Comptroller’s Information Technology Report was released on Nov. 3, 2017, and includes details about the findings and the Comptroller’s recommendations.
The Florida Union Free School District is currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
New York State Certification Required. Interested applicants must apply on OLAS at www.olasjobs.org/mhv/
School District Treasurer
The Florida Union Free School District is currently accepting applications for a District Treasurer.
APPOINTMENT: The selected candidate will be appointed as the School District Treasurer, as per Education Law of the State of New York.
PREFERRED CREDENTIALS: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a recognized college or university in Business Administration; Accounting; Finance or related field; or any satisfactory equivalent combination of the foregoing training and experience.
EXAMPLES OF WORK: (Illustrative Only)
- Implements and controls the adopted school budget;
- Receives district’s funds from various levels of government and other sources, and deposits same in the bank designated by the Board;
- Signs all checks issued by the District;
- Keeps a record of District receipts and disbursements;
- Reconciles bank statements;
- Maintains bond register and/or records of funds borrowed by District;
- Submits reports of District’s finances to Board;
- Discusses accounting and financial problems with members of the Board and with responsible officials of the District;
- Oversees and assists with preparation of the District’s fiscal year-end financial statements;
- Prepares and analyzes fund balance projections throughout the fiscal year;
- Evaluates the appropriateness and adequacy of School District reserves
- Other duties within the business office
WORK YEAR: 12-month/full-time
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY/RATE OF PAY: $50,000 to $60,000 based on experience and qualifications, with comprehensive benefits package
HOW TO APPLY/CONTACT: Please submit a cover letter, resume and letters of reference to: Jan Jehring, Superintendent of Schools, Florida Union Free School District, P.O. Drawer 757, Florida, NY 10921
OR by Email: email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Applications are being accepted for:
- Substitute Teachers (all levels)
- Substitute Aides
- Substitute Bus Drivers
- Substitute Food Service Workers
If you are unable to access any forms or publications on this page, please contact the Business Office at 845-651-3095, ext. 40030 or to receive the information in an alternative format.