The Florida Union Free School District Business Office is responsible for managing the resources needed to support the district’s educational mission. One of the office’s most important functions is developing the proposed school budget for the consideration of the district’s board of education and voters.
For school budget and voter information, please visit our Budget and Taxes page.
2019 Capital Project
On Feb. 26, 2019 residents of the Florida Union Free School District approved a $7.9 million capital improvement project to address necessary building repairs, enhance learning spaces, and to make Golden Hill Elementary and S.S. Seward Institute safer and more secure.
For more information on the project, visit our 2019 Capital Project page
Information Technology Audit, 2017
The Office of the New York State Comptroller conducted an audit to determine whether internal controls over information technology (IT) were appropriately designed and operating effectively for the period July 1, 2015 through June 9, 2017. The Comptroller’s Information Technology Report was released on Nov. 3, 2017, and includes details about the findings and the Comptroller’s recommendations.
The Florida Union Free School District is currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
New York State Certification Required. Interested applicants must apply on OLAS at www.olasjobs.org/mhv/
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT
The Florida Union Free School District seeks a full time Technical Support Assistant. The successful applicant will carry out various tasks in support of the District’s Technology Department including but not limited to hosting a help desk, assisting staff, students and families in troubleshooting technical issues, and assuring the smooth operation of instructional technology that supports learning.
This is a competitive job title. The successful candidate will be placed in a provisional appointment pending the successful passage of the Civil Service Test in the Technical Support Assistant job assignment.
Minimum Qualifications are either:
- Completion of 60 credit hours at a regionally accredited college or university with 1 year experience providing computer technical support or in a similar role that involves software training and/or support; OR
- Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and three years experiences as outlined above; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience defined in A and B above.
Qualities that will be beneficial include:
- Good communication skills and patience in dealing with different technological challenges during potentially high stress situations.
- The ability to execute procedures in troubleshooting technology issues with good record keeping skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to take well thought out initiative in line with District goals.
Interested individuals should download the employment application available HERE. Submit the completed application, along with a letter of interest and a resume to Dana Castine, Director of Math, Science & Technology, P.O. Drawer 757, Florida, NY 10921 no later than the close of business on Friday, December 11, 2020.
Applications are being accepted for:
- Substitute Teachers (all levels)
- Substitute Aides
- Substitute Bus Drivers
- Substitute Cleaners
- Substitute Food Service Workers
If you are unable to access any forms or publications on this page, please contact the Business Office at 845-651-3095, ext. 40030 or to receive the information in an alternative format.
Non-Instructional Applications may be obtained by contacting the Superintendent’s Office at 845-651-3095, ext. 40011.