October 25, 2020
Dear School Community:
Today we learned that a Golden Hill Elementary staff member tested positive for the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). The children and/or staff who were in direct or proximate contact with the positive case were contacted by staff and/or Orange County Department of Health and were instructed to quarantine for 14 days from the last date of contact.
The most important things you can do:
- Make sure your child is wearing a mask.
- Make sure your child is washing his/her hands.
- Keep your child home if sick.
- Call your primary care provider if you or your child has symptoms of COVID-19.
We are working with the Health Department to keep our community safe.
- We continue to follow the Health Department’s guidance.
- We cleaned and disinfected the Golden Hill Elementary School per the New York State Department of Health guidance.
Thank you for understanding that, due to medical privacy laws, we are not able to release the names of the individuals with COVID-19. We will continue to communicate changes and updates with you. With your participation, we believe we can create a safe experience for students and staff. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Orange County Department of Health at 845-291-2330.
All schools and buildings in the District will operate on a regular schedule on Monday, Oct. 26.
Superintendent of Schools