REMOTE LEARNING INFORMATION |
Special Education | Meal Distribution |
YMCA Childcare Program at Golden Hill |
May 1 Update | Previous Updates |
INFORMATION & RESOURCES |
Florida UFSD will use this web page to post district updates and share information and resources about Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As per Governor Andrew Cuomo’s announcement on May 1, 2020, all K-12 schools statewide will remain closed and continue to provide distance learning, meal delivery and childcare services for the remainder of the school year.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Governor Andrew Cuomo announced during his May 1 press briefing that New York state schools will remain closed for the rest of the academic year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Although it is disappointing we will not be able to be together in our buildings, we will continue to work together to educate our students and to have a strong ending to the 2019-20 school year. Here are a couple of updates.
End of the Year Activities
As we approach the end of the year there are many questions regarding the activities, events and celebrations. You will be hearing from the building principals in mid-May with specific details and plans. We will find special ways to join together as a community and celebrate our students’ achievements and accomplishments.
Learning Apart, Together at Heart, Spartans 2020
We are launching a special project to capture some of the remarkable and interesting learning activities our students are involved in during this challenging time. We need your assistance to help us acknowledge and recognize their hard work. Please take snapshots or short video clips of your children learning and show us what remote learning looks like! The submissions will be used in a variety of social media posts, slide shows and ceremonies. Please send the submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15.
We will follow the guidance of Governor Cuomo and the New York State
Education Department to develop plans to reopen our schools. We will keep you updated as these plans are developed.
Please stay safe. On behalf of the Florida Union Free School District, we miss your children and look forward to being together again soon.
Superintendent of Schools
Dear Parents and Guardians,
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced during his April 16 press briefing that New York State will remain on PAUSE through May 15 to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. As part of this order, schools throughout the state will remain closed through May 15.
Here are some additional updates:
Continuity of Learning
You will receive an email from Mr. Rheaume and Mrs. Lisack with updates on the academic program, grading and participation expectations, and New York State Education Department requirements.
The district’s food service department is partnering with Quality Bus to provide food directly to residences, as requested, beginning on Monday, April 20. If you are interested in having food delivered, please contact:
- Mrs. Lisack at email@example.com
- Miss Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Rheaume at email@example.com
Food will be distributed to residences from 10:45 a.m. – 12 p.m. Someone needs to be at the residence to accept the food delivery.
Food will continue to be distributed on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. at S.S. Seward.
We appreciate your patience and flexibility during this time. We know this is a challenging time for everyone. The district will continue to provide updates as more information becomes available.
Superintendent of Schools
- April 7: School closed through April 29, Regents cancelled
- April 1: Letter from Superintendent Jan Jehring
- March 27: Schools closed until April 15
- March 26: Superintendent and BOE letters / Golden Hill and SS Seward updates on continuity of learning
- March 22: Food pickups, Remote Learning, word of thanks
- March 20: Child Care, Meal Distribution, Remote Learning, School Closure, NYS suspends assessments
- March 19: Child care for essential healthcare and emergency workers
- March 17: Remote Learning Information
- March 16: School meals, Chromebook pick up schedules
- March 14: A message from the administrative team
- March 13: Florida schools closed through Friday, March 27
- March 12: Schools closed Friday, March 13
- March 6: Covid-19 public health plan
- March 3: Covid-19 information, prevention, preparedness
- School Meal Distribution Sites
- Childcare Council of Orange County: Free child care referral program
Access child care search online or call toll free at 1 (844) 461-4689
- Orange County Crisis Hotline: 800-832-1200 (24-hours a day/7-days a week) at 800 832 1200
- United Way of Dutchess-Orange Region
United Way’s 2-1-1 confidential helpline is answering calls 24/7 from the community, not only about COVID-19, but also about shelter, food access, and employment: hudson211.org They have also created a Covid-19 Resources Facebook page.
- Orange County Economic Assistance (Housing, Unemployment, Small Business, Tax, Utilities)
- Food Assistance (Food Pantries/Soup Kitchens)
- NYS COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline: 1-844-863-9314
- Orange County Office for the Aging: 845.615.3700 (or 845.344.7510)
Information, prevention and treatment
- Protecting New Yorkers from Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – Frequently Asked Questions – Prevention
- Prevention, Treatment of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
- New York State Novel Coronavirus Hotline: 1-888-364-3065
Call this dedicated hotline with questions or concerns about travel and symptoms.
Talking to kids about the virus
- National Association of School Psychologists: Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- CDC: Messages for parents, school staff, and others working with children
- Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus
- CDC Travel Health Alerts
- Travel: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
For Orange County residents including students, parents, guardians, and school staff who have recently traveled outside the U.S. and/or may have had any exposure to individuals with COVID- 19 who have questions regarding COVID-19, please contact the Orange County Department of Health at 845-291-2330.