REMOTE LEARNING INFORMATION |
April 1 Update |
March 27: Schools closed through April 14 |
Previous Updates |
YMCA Childcare Program at Golden Hill
INFORMATION & RESOURCES |
Florida UFSD will use this web page to post district updates and share information and resources about Coronavirus (COVID-19).
SCHOOL CLOSURE: As per executive order of Governor Andrew Cuomo issued March 27, 2020, all New York state schools will be closed until at least April 15.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
As you are aware, on March 27, Governor Andrew Cuomo issued an executive order closing schools until at least April 15. Under the order, schools are required to provide continuity of instruction, meals for students and childcare resources every weekday, including days originally part of the previously scheduled April 6-13 spring break. The District will modify the student
calendar to reflect this change.
If the school closure is not extended, we will return to school on April 15. We will continue to monitor all available guidance and directives and keep you informed of changes. We recognize that this is a stressful and challenging situation.
We’re here to support you and emergency together. Thank you all for your continued patience, understanding and support.
Superintendent of Schools
Dear Parents, Guardians, Faculty and Staff,
Because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced today, March 27, that schools in New York state will remain closed until April 15. We are closely monitoring the situation at the state and local level and will let you know if that closure needs to be extended.
Sporting practices and events, rehearsals, shows, school events, activities and after-school programs will also continue to be canceled during this time. We will continue providing meals to families.
During this time, we will continue to follow guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the New York State Department of Health, New York State Department of Education (NYSED) and our local county health department.
Specifically, school leaders continue to closely monitor guidance from NYSED about how these circumstances will impact the school calendar for the remainder of the academic year, including Regents examinations and graduation. We will share more information as soon as it is available.
Our teachers have been working to stay in contact with students and their families to provide instructional materials.
Thank you for your continued patience and support. We will provide you with more information as it becomes available and continue to communicate with families via email, phone calls and our website.
Superintendent of Schools
- March 26: Superintendent and BOE letters / Golden Hill and SS Seward updates on continuity of learning
- March 22: Food pickups, Remote Learning, word of thanks
- March 20: Child Care, Meals, Remote Learning, School Closure, NYS suspends assessments
- March 19: Child care for essential healthcare and emergency workers
- March 17: Remote Learning Information
- March 16: School meals, Chromebook pick up schedules
- March 14: A message from the administrative team
- March 13: Florida schools closed through Friday, March 27
UPDATED March 16: Please note that, by executive order of Governor Andrew Cuomo on March 16, all schools in New York were directed to close by Wednesday, March 18 for two weeks, ending Wednesday, April 1. At that time, the state will reassess whether to extend the school closures further. (Prior to the Governor’s order, Florida schools were scheduled to close through March 27.)
- March 12: Schools closed Friday, March 13
- March 6: Covid-19 public health plan
- March 3: Covid-19 information, prevention, preparedness
- School Meal Distribution Sites
- Orange County Crisis Hotline: 800-832-1200 (24-hours a day/7-days a week) at 800 832 1200
- United Way of Dutchess-Orange Region
United Way’s 2-1-1 confidential helpline is answering calls 24/7 from the community, not only about COVID-19, but also about shelter, food access, and employment: hudson211.org They have also created a Covid-19 Resources Facebook page.
- Orange County Economic Assistance (Housing, Unemployment, Small Business, Tax, Utilities)
- Food Assistance (Food Pantries/Soup Kitchens)
- NYS COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline: 1-844-863-9314
- Orange County Office for the Aging: 845.615.3700 (or 845.344.7510)
Information, prevention and treatment
- Protecting New Yorkers from Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – Frequently Asked Questions – Prevention
- Prevention, Treatment of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
- New York State Novel Coronavirus Hotline: 1-888-364-3065
Call this dedicated hotline with questions or concerns about travel and symptoms.
Talking to kids about the virus
- National Association of School Psychologists: Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- CDC: Messages for parents, school staff, and others working with children
- Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus
- CDC Travel Health Alerts
- Travel: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
For Orange County residents including students, parents, guardians, and school staff who have recently traveled outside the U.S. and/or may have had any exposure to individuals with COVID- 19 who have questions regarding COVID-19, please contact the Orange County Department of Health at 845-291-2330.