It’s Autumn on Golden Hill! We have learned a lot about our school life and expectations, and enjoyed many of the season’s activities, with many more to go.
Our friends with the Florida Fire District rolled out another great day of fire safety and prevention education and we hosted our monthly Harvest Day exposing students to new, healthy foods. We’re now in the midst of celebrating Spirit Week and grade 5 will Bring a Friend to Lunch this Friday. Next, we are looking forward to Red Ribbon Week, the PTA Trunk or Treat, Parent-Teacher Conferences, and the PTA Book Fair.
Great things I’ve seen at Golden Hill in recent weeks:
- Students book shopping, Flashlight Fridays, Apple tastings
- Lots of reading all around, in every class
- Read Alouds with great picture-book themes
- Menu Math in grade 5
- Students giving a great effort during MAP testing
- Students doing visual math
- Abstract art creations
- Nursery rhymes coming alive
- Math in art class
- Grade 1 butterfly release
- Greek Mythology coming alive in grade 4 ELA
- Lots of students and staff smiling
- Great phone calls with students’ families
- Great positive postcards sent home
We were all busy, engaged, and having fun in learning!