The S.S. Seward Institute 2020 graduation ceremony will be held 10 a.m. Saturday, July 11 at the school (Rain date: 10 a.m. Sunday, July 12). The entire ceremony will be live streamed and each graduate will receive a copy of the recorded ceremony on USB.
A rehearsal will be held virtually 11 a.m. Friday, July 10, and a Google Meet invite has been sent to student emails.
The graduation will include three student speakers and the presentation of diplomas. Graduates must arrive dressed in cap and gown and with a mask.
- Everyone is to remain in their cars until signaled to walk to the ceremony seating. Graduates will arrive in staggered times, with their family members and guests in a maximum of two cars.
- The arrival times are:
A-B last names: 9:20 a.m.
C last names: 9:25 a.m.
D-H last names: 9:30 a.m.
K-M last names: 9:35 a.m.
N-R last names: 9:40 a.m.
S-W last names: 9:45 a.m.
- Each graduate is allowed two cars, both of which must arrive together at the scheduled time.
- Parking spaces are assigned and parking passes have been mailed home to students. Bring your parking passes to the ceremony.
- School staff will direct traffic as you enter the Seward parking lot from Main Street and will provide you with a ceremony program. (Each graduate, and their guest, will have a program on their seats.)
- We are held to 150 people outside. This allows for the graduate and one family member to be outside of the car for the ceremony.
- As each graduate is called up to receive their diploma, one additional family member, wearing a mask, will be asked to exit their car and join the other family member, outside.
- Once the graduate receives their diploma, the additional family member will be asked to return to their car so that the next graduate may have two family members outside to receive their diploma.
- When the ceremony concludes, school staff will direct cars to exit. Please do not exit prior to being directed to do so. All cars will exit via Farries Avenue.
- No limousines, party buses or other large vehicles will be permitted. Students and families are to utilize passenger cars and SUVs.
The graduation ceremony will be live streamed via Twitch. You do not need an account, login, or password to stream. However, for the best experience (and to comment on the stream live) you should create a free Twitch account.
To view from a mobile device we recommend downloading the Twitch mobile app from your app store well in advance of the ceremony. (If you are watching from a laptop you do not need to download a mobile app.)