September 11, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
It has been so nice to have students back in school this past week! The phase-in period went well and students did a great job with the new protocols. Next week we enter the third period of the reopening and all students who selected in-person instruction will be in the building at the same time.
Although school is different, it is exciting. Today I had the opportunity to join a group discussion involving all fifth grade students who were participating virtually and in person. It was inspiring to see how educators and students were staying connected and engaging in discussions.
Here are some updates regarding school.
- School Health Department Letter: Please see the attached letter on behalf of the Golden Hill Elementary and S.S. Seward Health Departments regarding new procedures related to COVID-19.
- School Lunch Order Form: The order form for lunch has been posted on the top of the website. We request that lunches be ordered by 10:00 pm the evening before. At this time, based on federal regulation, there are no charges for meals.
- School Meal Pick up: School meals are available for pick up at the S. S. Seward entrance on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00-9:30. At this time, based on federal regulation, there are no charges for meals.
- Weekly Health Screening Form: Please submit a Health Screening Form for each child attending in-person instruction. The form is due by 9:00 am the first day of the school week. The form is posted on the top of the website and it will be sent by email through School Messenger on Sundays at 1:00 pm.
- Athletics: Yesterday Section 9 moved the fall athletic season to the spring of 2021. At this time, the winter athletic season is scheduled to begin November 30. Additional information will be sent out as it is determined.
Thank you for your patience and involvement as we enter the third period of the reopening. If you have any questions about this information, please contact the District.
Superintendent of Schools